Sunday 13 January 2013

Hi all,

Just a quick one today because have not got much time on my hands as I have just come back from an explorer camp at thriftwood brentwood. The site was holding its annual pedal car olympics and our unit thought we would give it a go. Whilst I was not racing we were wondering taking part in the other activities laid on for us. I then took the smart move on saying I was going back to camp to put another layer of clothing on and then for reason got "lost" which lead me all around the lakes seeing a hand full of mandarin duck out on one of the smaller fishing lakes. It was a nice trip seeing all the common woodland birder woodpecker a long tailed tit flock and caught a glimps a Sparrowhawk gliding through the trees. When I got back they were all very concerned about me as I had been "lost" for some  time. They actually believed me even though I did have my gps and map on me. Oh well they didn't know that.

I enjoyed the event and  finished first in the pursuit. I would defiantly go back next year given the chance :)

Matthew Foakes

No comments:

Post a Comment