Tuesday 5 April 2011

Heighbridge Basin

Hello all
On Sunday (Mother Day) I manged to posaide my family to go to heigh bridge basin. I think they are a bit fed up of spending almost every Saturday or Sunday taking me out birding but hopefully they will get hooked as well someday.


We saw a oystercatcher siting on a boat and surprisingly 2 Brent geese flew over ually they wouls have gone to their summer grounds in Scandinavia by now! On the main lagoon where the black headed gulls bread there were 2 oystercatchers and a pair of mating black headed gulls(bh gulls). Along with 12 tufted duck, mallard, coot and moorhen.


A grey heron flew over and there was a large flock of dunlin in the distance over the blackwater. 3 shelduck rounded up the visit and 2 bh gulls diving of the lock. A great day and I expect that you all have the same issue that I have.


Matthew Foakes

Oystercatcher

bh gull

bh gull


bh gulls mating

<>
bh gulls mating



Oyster catcher

Tufted Duck

No comments:

Post a Comment