Monday 2 May 2011

Warmell holiday

I have just returned for a long weekend at warmell near weymouth and Portland. I did not intend for it to be a birding holiday but I did do quite a bit of birding never the less. The first day I managed to see 3 wood warbler and 2 great spotted woodpeckers. To my surprise I saw 5 deer hiding in the trees but coming really really close when I didn't have my camera! That always the way. The next day I tried my hand at the dry ski slope that was good fun and roller blading. I almost fell over when watching a buzzard as I was coming down the slope.

The next day I did more skiing and did some roller blading. Then went fishing. But did I catch anything? No I didn't. Nor did any ducks go on the lake either. The last day I once again did more skiing and thrashed my dad at pool. It was a great holiday and would defiantly go back.

Matthew Foakes
the view from our lodge
young robin
rook
deer
chaffinch

No comments:

Post a Comment